The new General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) will come in to force on 25th May 2018. This will determine how your business obtains, stores and uses personal data. I am working with my clients to provide support and guidance on what the new GRPR regulations mean for them and their marketing.
Common questions I get asked are :
1. Tell me in plain english, what is the GDPR all about?
2. Will I be able to contact my customers after May?
3. What does explicit consent mean?
4. Personal data - I'm a B2B company that doesn't affect me does it?
4. What about the lists we acquire for new customers, can we still use these?
5. What's is legitimate interest? Can I use this to continue doing what I am doing?
Supported by training from industry bodies such as the Chartered Institute of Marketing, I am now able to answer these questions and a whole host of others for my clients. Check out my latest blogs on the key parts of GDPR.
If you're not sure about how GDPR will affect your marketing or want more information about the regulations in general, please contact me.
The one thing we can all be sure of is that the regulations will come in to place and we will be expected to adhere to them, so now's the time to act.
You can also find further details on GDPR from the Information Commissioner's Office.